19 March 2008

...Many Roles, Part 2 [A Fuller Picture]

. . .Well, it's a good stab, but I left out details. And forgetting other the important details amounts to not mentioning them.
We all stood with a fresh reminder of our guilt, and that's what caused my tears. However, what brought beauty and more cause for tears to the whole experience was the fact that the Mass would (and did) proceed as usual. As usual, there were myriads of reminders of God's mercy and grace laced throughout the Mass - reminders of the Beauty of who our God is glimpsed in His deigning to be toward us as He has been and is. To sum it up: We read Jesus' Passion and I remembered how we ourselves have participated in the mocking and crucifixion of our Lord, only to hear the words of Jesus again: 'This is My Body, broken for you . . .'. Even though we have done no better than Peter in his denying the Lord, the Mass proceeded as usual, and everyone moved forward to receive the Lord who has redeemed us.

-Rick

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: your comment
There are complications and back stories so it won't be for quite awhile. After the 3 years of inquiring and two years without Communion, I expected that things would work neatly according to the Roman Rite so I could partake in and of the Communion I need so badly. Perhaps, though, it is this assumption that is the reason for this time of famine, or I need to spend more time in it and preparing before the feast. Perhaps also I am not ready for such a complete gift of self and will not be for a long time, or perhaps it is better that I not receive and crucify Him again while the Eucharist is in me. At least I can wait in His temple, but I do wish I could be united with Him and His Church. Lent was so very good, but it just made this sort of thing (http://www.adorationsisters.org/day) so much more desirable. And at least I can go in there; even that fact is marvelous, and at least I am baptized, and at least I am not living in a time or a place where I do not know or know but cannot ever hope to obtain.

I do not want to put a damper on your celebration; I am truly happy for you. I was debating whether to post this at all ('spillage') and when, but decided better now than after Confirmation.

Yes, security, privacy, all that. I created that blog as a 'cover' for my other one. It is amusing, but not so much to protect against internet weirdos as to protect against invasions into me.

Anonymous said...

Rereading the last paragraph of my comment, I did want to clarify that had nothing to do with you; you are welcome on the s's chld blog and any other ones to which I've given you access.

"That wasn't my intention at all." I understand.

It is funny because I am incredibly excited for (hopefully getting to attend) Easter Vigil and can only imagine what yours must be. Isn't it crazy how the three days are so close together? Having one as the focus for a month in the liturgical year wouldn't even be enough to contemplate it all, and instead it's bam, bam, holy of holy of holies and then two sacraments in a row!

By all means, get some sleep and a blessed Good Friday (and Holy Saturday) to you.